October 22, 2009

Sketch 4 - Card #2


A little pink anyone?  I love using printed papers in my cardmaking as it seems to make the color selection process a little bit easier.  As you can see from this card, I simply used the three colors that were incorporated into the printed design - pink, salmon and a soft butter yellow.  The "rule of 3" just keeps popping up in our artwork, doesn't it?  Not only did I use 3 colors, but 3 tones as well - a light, medium and dark. 

Again, the verse stamp is from Rosie's Roadshow.  I love all of the different sayings they offer and the size is just perfect for tags and label die cuts.

And, since I'm also an avid seamstress and tailor, I incorporated a little rayon seam binding in lieu of ribbon and a cute button for the flower center - both from my favorite tailoring supplier - Banasch on Red Bank Road in Cincinnati.  If you get the chance, stop by and check out the "wall of buttons."  But, don't blame me if you get carried away with your shopping . . . 

The flower came from a silk flower stem I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  I wait for a good sale and then buy a few stems and disassemble them. 

I love being able to co-mingle the various tools and supplies from my different hobbies!  Why not raid the stash from some of your other hobbies to see what you can come up with?


No comments: