January 18, 2010

Sketch 6 - Card #7


It should be obvious by now that I love punches and dies.  Having a variety of shapes in lots of colors makes it easy to put the finishing touches on any card.  I've said it before but I think it bears repeating - if you are color or shape challenged, find a piece of printed paper that you really like and take your color cues from it.  Then, mimic or complement the main image from the design in your other card elements.  I used the ivory, pink and sage green from the printed paper to choose colors for my card, the flower, circles and even the brad.  Since the paper was a floral and leaf design, I chose a flower punch for my central image.  It all works nicely together and without a lot of effort.

Try this approach on your next project and be sure to let me know how it works for you!

No comments: