This post is for all of my Cheaper by the Dozen ("CBD") students. At my January classes, I announced our new "Perfect Attendance" program - attend 3 classes (or buy the kit from the class) and you'll receive a free card kit (makes 3 cards) from a previous CBD class. I also announced a CBD challenge at the Monday class but apologize to my Saturday students as I forgot to mention it to you.
The CBD challenge works like this:
- The challenge runs quarterly and card entries are due as follows:
- 1st quarter - due April 1
- 2nd quarter - due July 1
- 3rd quarter - due Oct 1
- 4th quarter - due Jan 1
- Card entries are to be a variation of a card design from that quarter's classes
- Students can enter as many times as they want but must attend at least one class during the quarter
- Winners will be chosen via secret ballot from votes cast by students attending the classes following the entry deadline (e.g., 1st quarter entries will be judged by April CBD attendees)
- Entrants may not vote for their own cards and I will not be voting
- Winners agree to let me post their winning entries on my blog but I will return the cards to them
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place each quarter with a grand prize given at the end of the year for the overall winning entry
- Card entries can either be hand delivered to me during a CBD class or mailed to me in care of Coral Moon LLC at P. O. Box 62748, Cincinnati, OH 45262-0748. Please do not leave your cards with a staff member of SYAO.
- Entrants may submit as many cards as they wish to but will be limited to one quarterly first prize per calendar year