January 14, 2010

Cheaper by the Dozen Contest

Note:  This post has been revised to clarify a few of the challenge rules.

This post is for all of my Cheaper by the Dozen ("CBD") students.  At my January classes, I announced our new "Perfect Attendance" program - attend 3 classes (or buy the kit from the class) and you'll receive a free card kit (makes 3 cards) from a previous CBD class.  I also announced a CBD challenge at the Monday class but apologize to my Saturday students as I forgot to mention it to you.

The CBD challenge works like this:
  • The challenge runs quarterly and card entries are due as follows:

    • 1st quarter - due April 1
    • 2nd quarter - due July 1
    • 3rd quarter - due Oct 1
    • 4th quarter - due Jan 1

  • Card entries are to be a variation of a card design from that quarter's classes
  • Students can enter as many times as they want but must attend at least one class during the quarter
  • Winners will be chosen via secret ballot from votes cast by students attending the classes following the entry deadline (e.g., 1st quarter entries will be judged by April CBD attendees)
  • Entrants may not vote for their own cards and I will not be voting
  • Winners agree to let me post their winning entries on my blog but I will return the cards to them
  • Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place each quarter with a grand prize given at the end of the year for the overall winning entry
  • Card entries can either be hand delivered to me during a CBD class or mailed to me in care of Coral Moon LLC at P. O. Box 62748, Cincinnati, OH  45262-0748.  Please do not leave your cards with a staff member of SYAO.
  • Entrants may submit as many cards as they wish to but will be limited to one quarterly first prize per calendar year
The card above is from a previous CBD class using stamps from Stampscapes and Cornish Heritage Farms and some fun techniques.  Haven't yet attended a CBD class?  Check out the schedule to the right and sign up for February's class.  Our theme will be "I've Got You Pegged" and it promises to be informative and entertaining!

No comments: