June 18, 2009

In Search of Myself
















I had lunch with a friend today and our conversation included a discussion of recent changes in the direction of our lives. The conversation reminded me of a quote from Maya Angelou - "I've learned that sometimes life gives you a second chance."

My friend is between jobs and looking at different career options. My second chance came as a result of my retirement. I've been blessed with many opportunities to pursue my creative passion after many decades of working in corporate America. I now have time to spend with family, friends and, of course, my many hobbies. I even have time occasionally to post to my blog!

If you find yourself facing a change in directions, I wish you much success and support from friends and family. Hopefully, they will take a cue from this card (created with stamps from Rosie's Roadshow and colored pencils) and keep you "here" until you return.

Carpe diem!

Connie

No comments: