June 22, 2009

Copics Take Me Away!











Did you ever wake up and realize just how fortunate you are? Saturday was one of those days when I realized that life is still good despite what I hear on TV or read in the newspapers.

I stopped to grab a soft drink before a class and had the most delightful exchange with the young lady at the drive-up window. In a matter of a few short sentences (and seconds) we agreed that life was indeed good because we both woke up that morning - we were alive and healthy and determined that it was great way to start the day!

Next, I discovered how fortunate I am that I truly love my new career - teaching art and stamping classes. I taught a class on creating cheery greeting cards by coloring stamped images with Copics. My students were eager to learn and continuously remarked about how much fun they were having and how peaceful and relaxing coloring can be. They gave themselves a task - go home and practice, practice, practice. I heartily endorse this assignment - not only will their coloring techniques improve but they will relax and de-stress while doing homework. It seems like quite an oxymoron but it really does work. I can't wait to see their finished artwork!

The card above is from Saturday's "Copic Cards" class. The stamp is from Ink-n-Rubber and was colored with Copics, of course! If you want to learn how to create the sky texture and other cool things you can do with Copics, be sure to join us on July 8 at Marco's Paper when I will repeat this class (see info under "Upcoming Classes" on the right).

Continuing with my day, I chatted with Peggy, a wonderful friend who shares my passion for crafting, and I was again reminded that I am truly blessed to have several truly good friends. My mother always said you are lucky if you have just one true friend in life but you are truly blessed if you have several.

Speaking of my mother, I finished the day by having dinner with her. She is my role model, my biggest fan and my dearest friend. Whenever we're together, laughter and good-natured trouble are sure to be a part of whatever adventure we engage in.

In the spirit of my new mantra, I challenge you to let Copics (or your favorite art medium) take you away today so you can re-discover all the good things life has to offer you. Be sure to post some of you artwork in the comments section of the blog.

Copics take me away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog today was very inspiring! I agree with all the "junk" on the t.v. news it is good to sit back and reflect on all that is good! I bought a stamp this weekend that says.."one good friend is better than 10 bad ones" Dontay Hall age 9 .. I just loved it. and how true. have a blessed day Sybil