April 13, 2009

Happy Monday!

With the Easter holiday behind us, it's back to the craft studio for some creative time. I just finished teaching a Copic Marker class on coloring spring flowers so I thought it would be a timely topic for today's post. Gather your supplies and join me on this coloring journey:
  • Stamps - all stamps are from Stamps by Judith
  • Ink - Mementos dye ink - tuxedo black
  • Cardstock - white
  • Copic markers - specific markers noted below
I started by stamping the pot with black ink and coloring the entire pot with E95.

Next, I added a layer of E08 over the entire pot.



Using my E11, I added highlights to the center of the pot to create the illusion of roundness and light.


Finally, I added some shading with E08 and a final blending coat with my E95 marker.



This is a photo of a card I made using the flower pot coloring steps. Now, it's your turn. Show us what you can do with your Copic makers.


Don't know where to begin? Why not start by registering to attend my Copic 101 class at Marco's on May 23 (see link under "Upcoming Classes" on the right).

Happy coloring!

Connie (aka "CJ")




No comments: