While the project was not particularly difficult, I did have a few learnings along the way that I thought I'd share with you before I give you the step-by-step detail.
- First, plan ahead - mostly for the drying time needed between steps and for each side.
- Second, test your background colors against the napkin you plan to use. I found that while my colors all coordinated beautifully, the thin top layer of the napkin was no match for the purple and green backdrop so I simply used my pigments to enhance the image.
- Third, make sure you have enough of the materials you will need for the project - paint, PPA, etc.
- Finally - have fun!
- Gather your supplies - a tote sewn from Studio Cloth, Perfect Pigments, PPA Matte and Gloss, napkin, foam brush and paint brushes, Crystal Effectz
- Apply the Perfect Pigments to the tote - be careful to let each side dry completely before you lay it down and move on to the next side - to create the background
- Add images from your napkin using PPA matte and a foam brush; let dry
- If desired, enhance napkin images with Perfect Pigments and a paint brush or Fine Liner; let dry
- Give the tote a final coat of PPA Gloss, sprinkling in Crystal Effectz while wet
- Sign and date your masterpiece with the Fine Liner
Here's the flip side of my fun tote. I hope you'll try this project and send me photos of your finished piece!