May 16, 2009

Deer Card



It's been a hectic few days but I haven't forgotten my promise to post the information on the sneak peek deer card. It's really quite simple.

Start with a piece of good dark brown cardstock (I used Kaleidapaper). Lay a brass or metal stencil (I used one from Dreamweavers) on top of the cardstock. Spritz with full strength bleach - be sure to protect the surrounding area and your clothes unless you plan to decorate more than just your cardstock! Remove the stencil (clean it immediately) and let the bleach dry. As it dries, the color of the cardstock will start to fade. If you try to rush the process by using a heat gun, it will move the bleach around and you won't get the cool mottled look I have on my card. Also, I didn't tape the stencil in place. I simply held it with two fingers at the top of the stencil while I sprayed the bottom and two fingers at the bottom of the stencil while I sprayed the top.

I want to say a special "thank you" to all of the students who attended my stencil class at Adventures in Stamping. This card was one of the many projects we worked on.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: