May 31, 2009

Copic Certified




About 18 months ago, I discovered Copic markers. I was having so much fun with them that I just had to share what I was learning with others and began teaching Copic classes last fall at Marco's Paper. This giraffe (stamp from Rubber Cottage) is one of the images we color in my Copic 101 class.

Today marks another milestone in my Copic journey. I am excited to report that the Craft Junkies are now officially certified! Or is that certifiable? Some would say both. After a completing an all-day course taught by Sally Lynn MacDonald, we have each earned our designation as a "Certified Copic Designer".

And, a bit more exciting news from the world of Copics - if you were thinking that 322 colors weren't quite enough, there are 12 new colors being added to the Sketch line (U.S. release date TBD). For all of you who love sparkle and bling, there are 12 new colors of the Atyou Spica glitter pens now available as well. The new "Set B" includes more pastels and a "clear" pen. Set A (the original set) contains primary colors.

So, if you haven't yet taken the plunge into the world of coloring with Copics, I hope you'll join me at one of my future classes (see the list on the right) or at least follow along the colorful path that has become a part of this blog.

Happy coloring!

Connie

No comments: