February 16, 2010

Sketch 6 - Card #10

What a perfect card to end this very long series of posts - with an umbrella in my drink . . . now I just need the sun and sand to make my day complete.  For this final version, I replaced the printed paper strips with some lime green raffia tied in a knot and the verse is matted on a tag for the focal point.  Ah, finishing a project feels good and provides a sense of accomplishment.

So, now I have to ask the question that has been lingering on my mind since I started this series - have you finished all of your cards from the class?  If so, send some to me so I can share with others.

I did some purging in one of my closets over the weekend and found several unfinished knitting, crocheting and sewing projects.  I was reminded of a comment I overheard at my favorite yarn shop - KnitWits - the other day.  The gist of it was a challenge to finish at least one open project before starting any more new ones or to pick a day of the week and dedicate it to working on unfinished projects.  So, tonight I'm headed to the nest to finish up an afghan that only needs about 2 more rows.  The intended recipient has long since outgrown it (it was originally intended to be a baby afghan) and so it will be donated to a worthy cause.  Another completed project, the wonderful feeling of accomplishment and the happiness in the eyes of the recipient - its all good.  I hope your day is too.


No comments: